OK, so maybe you haven’t won an Oscar (yet), but if you have received career-related awards, then please listen up.
Why Should I Add Award Photos to My LinkedIn Profile?
Photos serve several purposes on your LinkedIn profile. They:
1. Provide visual relief from all those words.
2. Add color.
3. Amplify your narrative story.
4. Provide quick proof of some of your accomplishments.
Look at your profile. Could it use some imagery? If yes, then read on.
How to Add Awards on LinkedIn
1. Upload a photo of yourself receiving an award.
2. Line up all of your President’s Club trophies against an attractive background, snap a photo, and upload it to LinkedIn.
3. Have someone take a flattering photo of you holding your award, then add it to LinkedIn.
4. Grab a shot of your staff smiling and giving you that “World’s Best Boss” mug, then upload it.
You get the idea.
Video: How To Add Awards on LinkedIn
Here’s a quick video that shows you how to upload rich media to your profile.
In the video, Kelly adds a link by choosing “Add Link” from the drop down menu. If you want to upload a file instead, choose “Upload File” from the drop-down menu.
Go ahead, freshen up your LinkedIn profile with some new rich media!
A New Way to Add Awards to LinkedIn (July 2017)
LinkedIn just announced a new, native video feature. They’ve launched it in beta and will likely be rolling it out to members in the US and other countries over the next six months.
Soon, you’ll be able to share a brief video of yourself receiving an award to your entire network. More here.
Let’s Connect on LinkedIn
Please don’t hesitate to invite me to connect on LinkedIn here: Donna Svei, Executive Resume Writer.
The more I know about my readers, the better I can make my blog.
I write executive resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Save time. Look good. Get hired. Email me here for more information.
Updated July 2017
© 2014 – 2019, Donna Svei. All rights reserved.Follow AvidCareerist & Subscribe: